Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive Senior Software Engineer in Quality to develop and execute automated tests to ensure product quality of our payment platform. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions and monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. Leveraging the wealth of technology and intellect surrounding you, you will be a champion of quality from product definition through development and release. If you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Improve the overall regression testing coverage across our platform
- Debug and fix existing failed automated test cases
- Execute automated test scripts regularly and perform manual testing as needed
- Help determine what tests can and should be automated
- 6+ years working knowledge and hands-on experience with Java
- Strong knowledge of software development patterns and coding skills
- Ability to develop a test framework from scratch with minimal supervision
- API level testing skills, UNIX and SQL knowledge required
- Strong knowledge of QA concepts and deep experience in test design, debugging and execution
- Must be a team player and quick learner with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Hands-on current experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and build tools
- Ability to write scripts (bash/groovy/python)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.