Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
QE Automation Engineer
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Build tools, frameworks, and otherinfrastructure needed to support automation.
• Participates in technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
• Design, code, and implement automation framework & tests in Java.
• Proactively solve technical problems and suggest process improvements.
• Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests.
• Work closely with cross functional teams such as PD and PM in understanding the requirements for writing and running tests in live & test environments.
• Report defects in a timely fashion and work with the Development team to manage defects until issues are resolved.
• Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
• Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality.
• Proactively create test cases for the known defects and integrate them into the automation suite.
• Proven working experience in testing & automation.
• 5+ years of experience in software quality engineering.
• Working knowledge and hands on experience with Java for at least 3 years
• Proficient with Java & Selenium webdriver.
• Proficient with service & UI automation.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
• Ability to think logically, diagnose/triage.
• Solid working knowledge of Web Applications
• Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Agileexperience is desired
• Development background is a plus.
• Knowledge of java script is a plus.
• BS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.