- Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system.
- The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR.
- GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vast portfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
- Developing and maintaining software code and integrating software into a fully functional safety critical control system.
- Developing software design documentation in support of the software life-cycle processes, requirements, and product management.
- Deploy and maintain processes and tools supporting the software development environments
- Troubleshoot basic software and computer networking issues
- Deploy, configure and integrate Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems and related technologies
- Perform System & Network Administration tasks such as user account maintenance, securityaudits, etc.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Engineeringdegree from an accredited course of study and a minimum of 5 years' experience.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700012328