Embrace better opportunities.
Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. Embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Software Engineer III
Scope of position: The Software Engineer’s role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Engineer will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems science.
- ITIL or CMMI Certification, preferred.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience in a Software Engineer role.
- Proficient development skills in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Oracle PL-SQL, JAVA and/or .Net.
- Minimum 5 years working experience on at least one of the following: Unix, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, and/or Windows NT.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with relational databases (MS SQL, Server, and/or Oracle).
- Demonstrated proficient working expertise on large complexity software development projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong working expertise in analysis and innovative, creative solutions design for medium complexity designs.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated strong working expertise in leading teams (5 to 10 members) on multiple small to medium projects.
At AvMed, you’ll find a family. Our Associates love us, so they don’t leave us. They love all the opportunities for advancement, the flexible work environment and team activities. We also encourage our Associates to embrace a life rich in what matters most — health and happiness. We call it being WELLfluent. Join AvMed. Join the WELLfluent!
Location: AvMed is located near the internationally popular Dadeland Mall, adjacent to a wide variety of residential neighborhoods ranging from pedestrian-friendly urban-style communities to beautiful green suburbs. It is also easy to access through public transportation – a short walk from the Metrorail – and major highways so all that Miami has to offer is within reach.
AvMed is a tobacco/drug free workplace, EOE