A Software Engineer (Configuration Management) is responsible for the code management and build processes at the studio. As a member of the Software Infrastructure team, the CM Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving the existing build and release tools, as well as building and deploying the 3rd party applications and libraries used for development.
- Maintain and extend the build and deployment infrastructure for both proprietary and third party software tools and libraries
- Integrate proprietary software with third party applications and libraries
- Maintain and extend developer and build tools
- Troubleshoot software bugs, including dynamic library dependency issues.
Education and/or Experience Required:
B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. 2+ years industry related experience
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Experience with source code, build, and release management
- Experience in Python and C++
- Experience with industry build tools including CMake or SCons Experience with CI/CD software such as Jenkins
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with modern enterprise-level code repositories such as Github and Bitbucket
- Experience with cloud computing and/or distributed computing
- Experience with building and installing developer tools include C++ compilers, debuggers, toolchains, etc.
- Experience with building and installing third party software and libraries including Python and Qt
- Experience with linux package management tools such as rpm and yum
- Ability to establish priorities for self and be a good collaborator with other teams
- Solid communication skills.