PayPal Monitoring team is looking for talented and passionate engineers to solve problems of scale and distribution for their Monitoring services and components. We are looking for someone who is highly hands on in design and implementation of scalable solutions, conversant on open standards implementation, is able to translate business needs into technology solutions and roadmaps based on deep understanding of the business needs and products. The candidate should be able to Increase overall code, product, design and quality in the organization. Research, assess, and recommend external technologies and products for their applicability to complex project requirements and contribute to the development of new company concepts.
- Involved in the day-to-day development & support work on the Monitoring team.
- Be able to quickly ramp-up on the many different components/services - built on different technology stacks, Operations Systems and use different build and deploy pipelines - to add new features and fix issues.
- Very good debugging skills to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner and recommend the root cause fixes for the issues.
- Be able to work closely with the users of the system to understand their problems and exercise empathy and maturity while working with them to solve the problems.
- Continue to work with the Architects to guide the vision and direction for the Monitoring team technically
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
- Ensure minimal operational overhead by automating maintenance tasks with easily manageable configurations, solving scalability bottlenecks to improve performance and maximize system availability by ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Design, implement, and test complex, multi-tier distributed software application frameworks collaboratively with peers and technical leaders.
- Mentor junior staff and/or team members in the best practices of code quality and coding practices. Enhances code quality across multiple projects and/or business units. Recognized for tech debt reduction.
- Evangelize our teams and technologies across the enterprise to encourage adoption.
- Architecting, designing and executing migration strategies from existing experiences and services to new infrastructure
- Project planning and estimating effort for the different phases
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to achieve end vision
- Be part of the interview team to hire and build a world class engineering team that will make an impact on how we do engineering at PayPal
- 2+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, developing and delivering software related to platforms at scale
- Passionate and staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation for most of the manual tasks around SDLC with techniques such as packaging with Docker, ensuring a reliable CI/CD pipeline to build and deploy code, automated system restarts and alerting for all critical modules.
- Should be able to isolate errors by trouble-shooting the application stack from application to framework to underlying infrastructure dependencies and network.
- Knowledge of Devops container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, etc)
- Hands-On experience in Java, Python or GoLang and working knowledge with messaging platforms like KAFKA.
- Hands-on knowledge of OOP/OOD/Functional languages along with strong understanding of concurrency, parallelism, networking, with profound data structure & algorithms.
- Experience developing solutions for service monitoring, automated remediation, measuring availability and reliability, performance, analytics, network.
- Knowledge about building non-lossy data pipelines using at least one streaming technology like Flink, Samza or Spark.
- Experience with REST API, GIT, Docker, Jenkins, RxJava and Spring boot.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.