Who are we?
We are the Office Platform eXperience Eng Org and the specific team will be the Office Developer Portals and Infrastructure team. Our development team is responsible for delivering all developer focused websites for all the Microsoft Office Products. We provide the infrastructure which runs 1- n websites, including deployment, logging telemetry, UI work. We own exciting tools like cloud compliers and tools which create apps for developers online. Our goal is to deliver unique and compelling experiences for the Microsoft Office Developer community to use as a competitive advantage for Microsoft and our developer ecosystem. We are building efficient, reliable and scalable engineering systems and processes so that we can directly improve developerexperiences, minimize our developers cost, reduce our developer community’s time to market, and adapt to changing environments. The developer (our customer) experience with Office is our primary focus and passion. We believe developer delight is the priority in the success of onboarding more developers to the Office Eco System. You will be joining a group of very talented engineers here in Redmond. Having experience producing written designs and possessing the communication skills to explain them to all disciplines is a must. You will play a key role developing software for keeping our developer base secure as well as grow. Also, you will be expected to be an advocate and driver for quality across the entire system. You will also be expected to become well versed in the developer needs of the product. How do external developers interact with Microsoft Office Products? What do they need it to do? What are the most valuable aspects of the product to Developers? Within our team, we maintain a set of developerexperiences, components, tools and APIs used to allow and teach developers how to use the Microsoft Office Developer Stack.
Some examples of the immersive scenarios owned by our team to help developers include <https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer>, <https://www.microsoft.com/net/tutorials/csharp/getting-started/hello-world> click show me, <https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer> amongst approx. 20other websites and experiences we own.
• You will own full E2E web based features and experiences that will be delivered to the Microsoft developer eco system
• Define Architecture, patterns and integration strategies for new developer facing experiences and scenarios.
• Keep up to speed with the latest developments in web technology, suggest new technology choices for our web facing portals, strive to be on top of the latest web tech.
• You will own the end to end maintenance & quality of a set of Office DeveloperExperiences for multiple developer scenarios
• Mentor junior members of the team and improve them through your actions and dedication for quality
• Reproduce customer problems and security issues and perform risk/cost analysis for every fix.
• Design & develop test scenarios that accurately gauge product quality.
• This may include adding unit tests, augmenting existing test cases or adding entirely new tests.
• Participate in code reviews and bug fixes.
• Write clear, complete & portable dev/test plans.
• Technically mentoring the team to help build technical depth and driving engineering efforts across teams
• Identify areas of improvements to drive up quality of fixes, improve aspects of the fix development process, improve test automation reliability, and process improvements by challenging existing engineering practices.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Love of web technology is a must-have!
• 4+ years of development experience
• Experience in Front End Web Development is a bonus.
• Fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Creative and innovative thinking
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• 4+ years of software development experience