Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Come join the PCG’s MyAccount team as a Software Engineer 2. PCG’s MyAccount team enables our accountant customers to experience the next level of productivity that lets them deliver more for their tax clients in less time.
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Experience with Java, Spring, SpringBoot.
- An understanding and preferable experience with web services (REST or SOAP).
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Understanding of testing tools like JUnit, Mockito, Karate
- "Self-starter"" attitude and ability to make decisions independently.
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding partnership skills.
How you will lead
- Successful delivery of high-quality web or mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies