This position will require the candidate to perform data analysis, web application and instrument software testing using both automated and manual testing techniques.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Familiarity with Secondary Analysis Pipelines for NGS
• Assist domain test engineers in writing and executing manual tests as needed
• Work with software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
• Work with bioinformatics, engineers, scientists, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal SW systems.
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a very fast paced environment
• 3+ years’ in-depth experience working in Software Quality Engineering/Assurance and/or other areas of the SDLC to test web and/or instrument applications, both front and back end
• Familiarity with API testing
• Familiarity of the underlying architecture of multi-tiered browser-based applications
• B.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Bioengineering, Math, or Engineering related area or equivalent technical experience.
• Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
• Experience in performance testing, usability testing, and security testing
• Experience working with databases, such as SQL, MySQL or Postgres
• Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
• Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
• Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
• Have proven verbal and written communication skills