Come Join the Assisted Tax team as a Software Engineer helping build the next generation Expert platform and TurboTax Live service offerings.
- Successful delivery of high quality web or mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' experience developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application a plus.
- Experience with one or more Object Oriented Languages (OOD): Java/J2EE or ReactJS.
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- An understanding and preferable experience with web services (REST or SOAP).
- An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- "Self-starter"" attitude and ability to make decisions independently.
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems.
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding partnership skills.