Job Title: Software Engineer 2 -Embedded Job Code: AS20202809-51125 Job Location: Tucson, AZ L3Harris Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
As a Software Engineer 2
you will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and integration of embedded and associated application software. Major Job Activities:
- Analyze and assist in the development of requirements flowed down by Systems Engineering to develop software architecture and software design.
- Design, document, develop and unit test software for systems in accordance with the Software Development Process and coding standards and guidelines.
- Participate in software design/code reviews
- Present designs in internal and external program meetings
- Participate in Integration efforts/Bug fixes
- Participate in estimating efforts for programs
- Provide input to project schedule, financial and technical goals as assigned
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD secret clearance;Must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering degree
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Computer/Software Engineering field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in C/C++Fluent in C/C++
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded software
- Experience with Version Control Tools
- Experience with software bug/issue tracking
- Experience designing and integrating technical software solutions.
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Existing DoD Secret clearance, with current 5 year update
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Matlab, including compiler
- Experience developing software on bare metal or on RTOS (Greenhills RTOS or similar)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CI/CD