- Boeing Space and Missile Systems (SMS) has been recently awarded multiple contracts to provide engineering services across a broad of US Government efforts.
- Engineering effort includes supporting current subsystem software and support to the Space and Missile Systems (SMS) business.
- The systems employ software, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, chemical, and othertechnologies.
- Duties include supporting software design and analysis, testing, data collection and analysis, reviewing and updating test procedures and Technical Orders, developing and presenting briefings, and other SMS related duties.
- Applies knowledge of software engineering methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes.
- Integrates technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with Department of Defense, regulatory, and company requirements.
- Ability to develop and interpret requirements, data sets, reports, and specifications is required.
- Interfaces with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Develops, documents, and maintains processes, methods, and tools.
- Helps resolve technical issues that could affect cost, schedule, and performance.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- The individual should be goal-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a team environment is essential.
- Work is accomplished in a multi-company team environment with customer participation.
- The ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems, requiring ingenuity and innovation is necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with software design, analyses and software test and verification are preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer/ElectricalEngineering.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700014542