As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter working in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems. In this role, you’ll use modern software
technologies to create innovative solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make an impact and are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Are willing to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Either have experience with or are interested in working at scale
- Have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- BQs for a Software Engineer 2 are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Software Engineer 3 are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
- Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.