Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. We’re a team of professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our
Professional Development Program (PDP).
The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant’s knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual’s growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities.
There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers for our PDP program.
This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Rolling Meadows, IL. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering Professional Development Program. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic, people-focused environment where he/she will interact with colleagues from a variety of organizations at this location.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assignment opportunities include full life-cycle product development on real-time embedded systems.
- This includes RF countermeasures, IR countermeasures, airborne imaging and tracking, and various PC based applications. Applications include read-time control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, signal processing, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, database management, and GUI development.
- Software engineering technologies utilized include Object Oriented Analysis and Design, SOA Architectures, C/C++, C#, .NET, Java, CUDA, embedded real-time development, embedded Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and TI code composer.
- Work assignments include software development utilizing the Agile framework, and Model Based Engineering.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s) from an accredited institution by August 2018.
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Have DOD Clearance
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.