Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and othertechnologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
World headquarters are located in Minneapolis, MN; and European headquarters are in Antwerp, Belgium. We have manufacturing and logistics facilities in Kentucky, Michigan and Minnesota; the Netherlands; the United Kingdom; Brazil and China. Tennant employs staff in 15 countries, including: the USA, Canada, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant Company, a technology leader in developing sustainable cleaning solutions, is recruiting for a Software Engineer 1 within the New Products Development (NPD) team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on electrical system and complex systemdesign. We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about building great products, enjoys working with a team of talented engineers and is eager to take on big challenges. As part of this team, you will have the ability to contribute significantly to the delivery of our award winning products around the world.
- Develop scalable and maintainable C/C++ code in support of new designs
- Experience developing in RTOS systems
- Experience in Unit Testing
- Ability to debug Hardware/Software interfaces
- Some Linux experience a plus
- Create and maintain design documentation including context diagrams and flowcharts
- Develop and test modular electronic circuits
- Establish functional requirements and performance targets for software designs
- As part of a cross-functional team, execute complex Engineering projects
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Design systems to meet regulatory requirements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- BS (MSpreferred) in Electrical or Software Engineering
- A minimum of one year of engineering experience
- Experience developing embedded C programs for complex distributed electronic controls systems preferred
- Power electronics, power systems, and closed loop control systems experiencepreferred
- Prior Electric Vehicle electrical system design highly desirable
- Experience developing in an embedded Linux environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Bias for action, including the ability to guide technical teams.
- Ability to critique design details against overall product requirements.
- Ability to drive root cause identification and corrective action leading to timely resolution.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills, problem-solving ability and the ability to positively influence teams.
- Demonstrate strong presentation, negotiation and team building skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Linux, Testing, Technology