iNovex engineers offer our customers significant experience providing software engineering support using Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools, Integrated DevelopmentEnvironments (IDE) and developing software with programming languages.
Our Prime contract is responsible for performing exploratory development and targeted technology that requires advanced research and development. More specifically, thecontract has been established to define and refine technology/capability requirements. iNovex is tasked with deriving innovations for process improvement in the post-publication space. The analysts responsible for responding to post-publication requests are interested in business process improvement recommendations and software-based solutions for improving the efficiency of their workflow. The project will involve investigating the current manual and software based processes, developing prototypes to solve specific post-publication problems, and writing a report containing recommendations for revising the overall post-publication process. Our team is tasked with continuing development ofVIVIDMOTIF which is a solution built around a topic clustering algorithm developed by SRI. Additional language support will be added along with integration of various government tools such as DataXplorer, Rollercoster, etc. Technologies used on the product include Apache Storm, Camel and Spring.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation ofextremely large data sets, real- time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software developmentand software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Bachelor's Degree + 7 years experience
• No Degree + 11 years of software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries