The Boeing Company is seeking Software Engineers to begin a career with a team where Software really matters to work on a variety of exciting opportunities with training systems products in Tukwila, Washington.
Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
There are a number of possible job assignments, including:
- Flight Crew Training Simulators
- Instructor Operator Stations
- Flight Environment Simulations
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into management or technical leadership positions.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Gathers information to support software project management.
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics.
- Supports software research and development projects.
- Troubleshoots basic software
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active or ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Classroom or professional experience developing software.
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Preferred degrees are Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
- A cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA. (Please list your cumulative grade point average (GPA) clearly on your resume)
- Education or experience in calculus and physics.
- Knowledge of C++, C#, and/or Java.
- Prior Internship experience
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires that you work out of Tukwila, WA and does not offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense.