Among the tools we have developed are a CAD/CAM system for genetic engineering: a compiler toolchain whose target architecture is life itself. This stack physically integrates high level genetic modules into microbial hosts. We also derive novel strains through random mutagenesis and directed evolution. Using our custom control platform, we then subject these experimental organisms to high throughput performance screening in our state-of-the-art robotic labs.
Come work with an amazing group of smart and friendly engineers and scientists to help create a better future for ourselves, our children, and everyone on the planet by accelerating the transition to sustainable ingredients through advanced science. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, unlimited high-quality conversation! Please join us.
- Design, develop and maintain web based application written in Python.
- Collaborate with scientists to transform an understanding of their workflow into designs and implementations of appropriate data models and user interfaces.
- Effectively communicate with research scientists.
- Apply best practices of software development throughout your work, while staying abreast of advances in the practice.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Strong coding skills in either Python or a similar language. Ideally deep experience in multiple languages. In addition to Python, Amyris has codebases in F#, R and PHP (phasing out, but still have some important legacy code).
- Experience developing software in a Unix environment. Dev tools are chosen at the developer’s discretion, but most of the software development and all production deployment is on Linux (Ubuntu).
- Fluent Linux command-line skills.
- Interest and ability to communicate with scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills