Why You Want This Job
As a software engineer II, you’ll be in an exciting (yes, exciting) position that develops, designs, and delivers internal company software applications and infrastructure. Expect to take a leadership role, helping grow the team’s skills and designing architecture for projects going forward.
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
Things You’ll Do
You will participate in all aspects of software development either independently or as part of a team
Independent Software Development
- Analysis, task estimation and sizing, technical investigation, software design and implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Follow Agile/XP development methodology.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively to identify and address problems.
Team Software Development
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively with team members to identify and address problems.
- Follow Agile/XP Development Methodology and ensure group compliance.
Job Match Checklist: if you check all the boxes below you’re a great fit for the position and will love the job.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a similar field
- 5+ years software development experience using high level object-oriented languages such as C#, .NET, C++, or Java
- Service-oriented architectures experience
- Experience with WCF, WebAPI, REST, and multi-tier distributed systems
- Successfully use agile development methodologies
- Explain code to professionals inside and outside of the software engineering field
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Exploring and learning new technologies
- Being meticulous in my work
- To complete projects in a timely manner
- Developing new applications
- Being a team player and working with others.