ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, positive candidate eager to work in a mainframe environment with experienced developers that work on adding new features and enhancements to the Adabas mainframe product line which embrace new technologies that are innovative.
Applicant must be someone who takes pride in constantly improving, is passionate about delivering quality software, has strong communication skills and oriented to being part of a dynamic team, takes ownership and responsibility for their software deliverables and is able to work independently.
Software AG has more than four decades of software expertise and a global reach in 70 countries. We are looking to extend our team to provide continued support and new development into 2050 and beyond. Ideally the candidate will have good IBM assembler knowledge and knowledge of z/OS.
- Implementation and testing of new code and enhancements.
- Good analytic and debugging skills for maintaining existing code for various products.
- Complete preliminary testing, and actively provide guidance, direction, and collaboration for QA and documentation for new products or enhancements of existing products.
- Take ownership and ensure proactive analysis and testing of products to avoid problems.
- Contribution of creative and innovative ideas for products and features
- Please note that this position does not involve management responsibilities.
Skills and Experience:
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Strong time-management skills, and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities
- Ability to combine judgment, experience, analytic and debugging skills, and business sense to make sound decisions
- Very good Interpersonal/communication skills and experience coordinating information and activities among groups with differing agendas, across multi-functional areas
- Solid knowledge and use of IBM Assembler
- Solid knowledge and experience with IBM z/OS
- Ability to work in a diverse and geographically distributed team
Nice to have qualifications:
- Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design
- Knowledge and experience with z/OS utilities such as AMASPZAP or IMASPZAP, JCL, editors
- IPCS and dump analysis skills
- Experience using automated testing tools
- Knowledge of Software AG related products(Adabas, Review, Net-work, Replication)
- Ability to evaluate and recommend enhancement of technologies and contribute to new product designs for the mainframe Adabas product line
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- An opportunity to work with and learn from a team of smart and highly knowledgeable colleagues
- An atmosphere where quality and innovation are prized and everyone has the opportunity to help shape both design decisions and the agile development process we follow
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 9 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Business Casual office
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity