Software Design Engineer - Embedded
A Global HVAC Manufacturing organization that is the leader in climate control products is seeking to hire a Software Design Engineer experienced in Embedded Design. Our streamlined process helps get you in front of the hiring manager fast!
LOCATION: Carrollton, Texas 75006
POSITION: Direct Hire / Direct Hire – (No Sponsorship or C2C)
SALARY RANGE: 120k to 130k Base Salary
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefit Package
This position calls for an experienced, knowledgeable and talented engineer to design and develop software components for the Controls Engineering organization. As a Software Design Engineer, you will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain embedded software components.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality.
- Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organizations intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required. MS is preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience developing embedded software in C/C++.
- Experienced in the architecture, design, hardware/software integration, and development of embedded software.
- Experience and familiarity with modern control theory and applications.
- Experience collaborating in multi-site software development teams and projects.
- Design and debug experience for peripherals such PWMs, ADCs and timers.
- Ability to develop unit test driven software components.
- Experience in technical leadership, project planning, and project tracking.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) software development.
- Familiar with serial communication protocols (I2C, RS-485, RS-232, CAN, SPI).
- Familiar with wireless technologies (WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, BLE, BLE Mesh).
- Familiar with industry standard embedded design and debugging tools (JTAG,
- protocol analyzers, emulators).
- Familiar with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change
- management, automated builds, and coding standards).
- Familiarity with static and dynamic analysis software tools.
- Experience developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes.
- Experience in the design of analog and digital circuits and control boards.
- Familiarity with HVAC, Refrigeration control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.