$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
We are seeking motivated and skilled Architect to join our Network team as we advance our goal of bringing HPC (High Performance Computing) to the world. The ideal candidates will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, a deep set of hands-on experiences with large scale HPC networks, public and private cloud platforms, and mission-critical production workloads, a passion for network-related, full-stack automation, development, and operational technologies, and an interest in the world of HPC.
• Influence the strategic direction of our network product development
• Discuss network opportunities with key customers and translate into engineering requirements and architecture
• Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
• Mentorship and development of team technical delivery personnel
• Contribute to the broader Cray R&D leadership community
• A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
• Passion to drive the next-generation network of High Performance Computing
• Experience driving and guiding software development of network software
• Demonstrating thought leadership in network management in a full CI/CD pipeline
• Demonstrating profound experience in Agile methodologies, both in practice and in coaching/mentoring/teaching others
• Hands-on experience supporting a live, mission-critical (24x7x365) platform as part of a devops organization.
• 12+ years' overall product development experience
• 8+ years architecting, designing, and developing network software
• Providing expertise and leadership in network in the cloud space
• Providing expertise and leadership in security in the cloud space
• Experience in architecting systems comprising multiple data streaming and storage platforms (SQL, NoSql, Kafka, …)
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
• Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
• Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern tools (Ansible, etc.).
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
• Network protocols: Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP/IP, VLAN, etc.
• Troubleshooting skills from Layer 2 to Layer 7
• Virtualization, cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
Valid Through: 2019-9-16