At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you. We're looking for strong technical leaders with backgrounds in distributed systems and networking to help build a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment on a massive scale.
We are looking for an energetic, engaged, and technically strong Senior Manager of Software Development to lead the engineering team for development of the data plane component of the VPN service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. The VPN service is one of the critical services of OCI and enables customers connect to the OCI cloud from their on premise locations.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will lead the engineering team, work with architects to identify and deliver new features, and operate the service at massive scale. You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions.
You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and strategy.
- Establishing and developing the organization to meet and execute on strategy.
- Working with geographically distributed teams and contributing to the success of his/her and other related teams.
- Recruit and continue to build out a capable and cohesive engineering team.
- Delivering large scale project on-time with high quality.
- 7+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Demonstrable success mentoring and growing junior engineers to senior levels.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of IPSEC a plus
- Has managed a team of 6-10 people for at least 4-6 years.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.