The WEX Health Software Development Manager leads a team of talented Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Business Analysts and is directly responsible for building the WEX Health software platforms, with attention to the Business Intelligence (BI) space. The role actively works with team members to define product features and release schedules. The Software Development Manager is committed to helping the company meets its Partner’s needs, and thrives on helping others achieve.
- Full project life cycle responsibility, including project initiation, status reporting, and other administrative activities.
- Leads and participates in the design, development, and testing of systems.
- Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures best practice' development techniques.
- Have direct impact and influence over a dynamic, fast moving business with a hands-on approach, balancing business necessity with technical and operational excellence.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Interact with Partners to understand and identify their product needs
- Build products using Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Recruit and build productive Software Development teams.
- Participate and lead discussions about software architecture with compliance, security and technical audiences internally, as well as in the WEX Health Partner community.
- Technical leadership across data warehousing, ETL, data lakes and other big-data related areas, as this position will require the ability to sit across the table from Fortune 1000 CIO/CTO’s and design big-data solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience with strong hands-on skills, solid understanding of architecture and design patterns.
- Experience in leading the development of software applications. Experience in management, supervisory or team lead experience.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Motivated self-starter with solid time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport, influence and problem solve with various levels of partners
- Experience with ETL, SQL Replication and/or high-end BI solutions a must. Experience with multiple BI vendors a plus