The AWS Hardware Engineering team is driving rapid innovation in the server and storage infrastructure used by Amazon Web Services. Our designs are fundamentally changing the data center, providing operational and financial benefits that are critical to the success of the AWS business and its millions of customers. Our Software Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and own next generation storage infrastructure development for AWS world scale compute and storage solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative, hands-on leader seasoned in building and leading software teams developing vertically integrated NAND based storage solutions.
As a manager in this team, you will be leading a team of highly motivated software developers that thrives on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. The team couples software and firmware skillsets with storage and scalable software engineering disciplines to solve real world data center infrastructure problems. You would lead a team building, validating, and operating software solutions in diverse technology domains from embedded software platforms to large-scale distributed software systems in Python, C, and other languages using proprietary and open source technologies and Amazon services alike. You are highly organized, data-driven, have a passion for recruiting, leading and developing world-class engineering talent, and executing projects on aggressive timelines.
You will collaborate with internal and external development teams (architecture, hardware, validation, software services). You will establish strategic vision and drive tactical execution in defining and delivering new products and services. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology - come help us make history!
What you will do: You will build and lead a team designing and building transformative AWS-specific hardware, firmware and software for non-volatile memory based storage solutions, including NAND-based SSDs. You will deliver scalable storage solutions and associated operational infrastructure to automate monitoring and analysis services. You will work closely with other AWS software teams to tailor and operate storage solutions for the AWS environment.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The breathtaking scale of AWS, combined with a deep understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it: You will lead a team of engineers working with teams across the company to build next-generation cutting edge infrastructure. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver features and functionality to our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team and have ownership for the implementation of your work.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience in software development of storage and/or infrastructure solutions across full product life cycles
• 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance platform and/or infrastructure software engineering teams
• Strong object oriented development skills (Python, C or C++)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge and operational experience with storage, networking, and/or large-scale distributed systems.
• Hands-on experience with SSD based storage systems
• Hands on experience with one or more of the following protocol stacks including block storage (NVMe, SAS/SATA), networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP) and interface (PCIe, I2C).
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills.
• Hands-on experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
• An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.
Valid through: 10/22/2021