The Software Development Manager manages systems development and application programmers. This position provides technical guidance and leadership, managing core development teams responsible for the development, programming, and testing of Company systems. This position will be 100% remote.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects, develops, directs, trains, and manages department personnel and contractors
- Oversees the design, coding, testing, quality assurance, debugging, deployment and maintenance of application system(s)
- Proactively provides feedback and suggestions for process and system improvement
- Enables and ensures efficient and effective communication between team members and other IT and non-IT functional areas
- While working closely with the Product Owner, translates technical specifications; ensuring new features do not jeopardize other applications, data, or product areas
- Assists team in applying software technology to solve complex and mundane business problems
- Participates in the research, analysis, selection, and implementation of new tools and technologies
- Provides support and training to other IS and Company personnel
- Sets attainable goals for team members provides guidance to encourage work productivity
- Prompt and regular attendance is required
- 7 years of progressively more complex experience in software development
- Requires attention to detail, critical thinking and a commitment to quality work
- 3 years of experience managing software development and technical development projects
- Previous Power Builder and/or .NET and SQL experience required
- Experience with Agile development life cycle
- Management experience as leader and/or subject matter expert preferred
- Ability to clearly and effectively present written information and findings and make executive-level presentations
- Reliable internet; DSL or faster
- Travel to home office for quarterly meetings and special projects
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be evaluated and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.