In your role as Software Development Manager, you will oversee a team of developers across multiple scrum teams, ensuring that team members achieve their potential in an Agile environment. Working closely with our product management team, you will help drive our product roadmap, build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, and provide technical direction to the team as necessary. You will play a key role in developing your existing team while scaling our operations and acquiring new talent.
This position requires technical skills in conjunction with strong management and planning abilities. A successful candidate should have the aptitude to drive technical, architectural, and functional discussions and challenge engineers to design and build elegant solutions for complex business problems.
Here’s what a typical day might look like as a Software Development Manager at DiscoverOrg
- Work closely with the development team and leadership to support our existing products and drive the creation of new products from inception to completion
- Translate non-technical internal and external requests and issues into actionable tasks and requirements, and disseminate them into detailed user stories for the development team
- Build and maintain sufficient technical knowledge of the DiscoverOrg platform.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met
- Plan, organize, and manage product roadmap and delivery schedule for your area of focus
You’re likely a great fit for this role if this sounds like you
- BS Degree – Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 2+ years in a project management role (academic and/or professional experience)
- 2+ years in a team management role
- Strong curiosity and creative mindset to solve some of the biggest problems in the inside saleslandscape
- Previous experience managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong proven leadership experience
- A basic understanding of the Agile software development life cycle is critical to success in this role
- Previous experience in software development strongly preferred