The Software Development Manager will lead a team of software developers in developing, releasing, maintaining, and supporting software applications/operating systems according to best practices. They will be responsible for the scheduling of the development team and the timely completion of software development projects and application support.
- Technical Capacity: Ensure application software and databases are developed, enhanced and maintained to established standards and specifications.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring that will help grow the skills of the Development teams.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Assist and guide in effort to move from trouble-shooting environment to problem prevention environment.
- Leadership: Manages employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis.
- Project Management: Schedule the work of the Development team and tracks development timelines for all software projects.
- Performance Management: Lead efforts to implement and manage processes to measure both developer and application performance.
- Track software metrics to identify product and process flaws and implement changes that will improve the overall quality and efficiency of PathGroup developers and our applications.
- Communication Proficiency: Serve as the Development liaison to the business for all support related issues and communications.
- Must possess the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical leaders.
- Work closely with the IT Architecture and Planning Team ensure the Development team is following the prescribed architectural designs.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor's degree required in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of five years of management / leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Must have at least seven years of experience in software development design, development, release, and delivery.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience programming in Microsoft C++ , C# and .NET technologies.
- Experience working with relational databases.