World Fuel Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
At MSTS, we believe in continuous improvement through disruptive innovation.
By harnessing 40 years of experience, technology investments and a desire to help businesses reach their full potential, we have expanded our portfolio of credit and payments technology solutions and blended them with a unique local touch that drives deeply into geo-specific business processes and payments.
Create value for our business partners by delivering innovative solutions and logistics through a global team of local professionals.
MSTS currently requires a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to define architecture and design for existing and emerging products and to provide leadership for a team of software professionals..
We are looking for a hands-on software engineering leader to lead architecture, software development and quality assurance for our automated underwriting team in our Overland Park, KS office. This position requires a talented and driven individual who uniquely combines leadership skills with being a true technologist who likes to roll up their sleeves and architect and code. We are adding capabilities and improvements to an existing platform, with a focus on scale, efficiency, and real time decisioning.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Engineering, the position will involve:
- Work with peers, your team, product management to define product architecture, automation, technology, and tools
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing software development team
- Grow our software engineering culture by coaching junior developers, defining/maintaining best practices, and growing our Agile development practices
- Ensure delivery of the product roadmap by removing blockers, making tradeoff decisions, and focusing on needs of our internal stakeholders
- Engage with business stakeholders, engineering teams, and customers to build a deep understanding of the product and empathy for our customers. Use this understanding to influence priorities and engineering focus.
- Build trust with business leaders and other technology leaders with proactive communication and a reputation for delivering quality software quickly
- Lead evaluation and adoption of new tools and technologies
- Experience gained in a software engineering team lead or manager role is essential.
- The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of 6 years software development experience and proven software design and architecture skills.
- Past performance on large scale, distributed systems is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills are essential.
- An entrepreneurial spirit is essential along with a desire to join a rapidly expanding organization.
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work within an agile environment.
- Experience of and ability to work effectively within a matrix organization is essential.
- Prior experience in banking and financial industry is a plus.
Why you will love working at MSTS
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life/AD&D, long and short term disability
- 401K matching
- Casual environment and dress
- Employee referral program
At MSTS we believe:
- in saying yes to unique and challenging requirements
- empowered team members are creative team members
- our products make the customer’s day just a little bit better
- work/life balance makes us all more effective