Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
Bell Mobility, one of the Canadian leaders in Mobile communications, is going through an important transformation.
Bell Mobility needs to adapt to a world of fast changing realities and be able to offer new exciting services to our customers so we are now investing in teams that develop software in many areas of our Network business.
The goal is to evolve our role from integrators of vendor solutions to taking the lead and implementing software development in keys areas. This will allow us to regain control of our own faith and provide the flexibility and agility to address new opportunities.
Are excited about the challenge of participating in a transformation towards software development,
Have knowledge in software development,
Have the qualities to help people grow in this new reality,
Are a team player that would be interested in joining a team that focuses on DevOps, iterative development, agile methodologies, and microservices architecture?
then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Bell Mobility is seeking a Software Development Manager in the Wireless Charging team to lead a team of architects, integration engineers and software developers.
The Software Development Manager will play a key role in transforming the organization by leading the team to assume technical leadership of the solution, propose and link solution with business drivers and moving execution process into an iterative delivery mode.
- Participate in defining the business strategies, units’ challenges, critical problems to address
- Facilitate cross-functional business team to manage needs and requirements
- Work with colleagues, staff and structure project deliverables for iterative delivery
- Improve the execution process to deliver customer value-impact regularly
- Implement a software delivery process to meet aggressive timelines
- Increase the team’s technology leadership by adding software development skills
- Integrate operations automation into delivery to minimize solution maintenance
- Lead/coach the organization to shift the delivery process from waterfall to iterative
- Support the organization’s leadership in solution integration
- Build effective partnerships with solution providers
- 5 years’ experience in developing or integrating software solutions, or Cloud computing
- 5 years’ experience in team management and iterative development, an asset
- 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry, an asset
- Knowledge of Cloud computing technologies: Openstack, VMWare, Linux Containers, Docker
- Knowledge of Open Source development (Rabbit MQ, …)
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and technologies: CI/CD, Automation, (Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Gradle, etc..)
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture
- Aptitude to link business value with technology
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French).
Req Id: 173672.