Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Development Manager to join our growing technology team. You’ll lead a team of developers to deliver a world-class product, and will be responsible for their growth and mentorship. On top of that, you’ll be able to get your hands dirty with the tech and architecture.
This role will be on the Project team. The Loopio Project workspace empowers our customers to collaborate when answering RFX questions during a sales cycle. Our approach makes it simple to convert complex documents and questionnaires into a format that’s easy to work with and our project management tools ensure projects are completed quickly, easily, and look their best.
- Document conversion between Microsoft Word or Excel and semantic HTML
- Realtime collaboration and updates using WebSockets
- Dashboards and analytics for viewing the status of a project
What You'll Be Doing
- Coaching & Team Building:
- You are experienced in leading and growing high performance teams. Your team can lean on you for support and mentorship, in both one-on-one and team settings. You know how to deliver impactful feedback to drive results and growth in your people. You understand that there are many different career paths in technology and are able to help people find their way.
- You are able to provide technical guidance and mentorship for a team of Software Developers at all levels of their career. You can jump in on a code review with the best of them. You can dive into the architecture for your team’s projects and help them make important decisions. You help recruit, onboard, and support our Engineering team and contribute to our Engineering culture.
- You maintain high recruiting standards and are a sharp interviewer. You can engage great candidates and clearly communicate why they’ll love working at Loopio. You understand how important your role is in supporting a diverse and inclusive team. You value different backgrounds and experiences and you actively foster a team environment where everyone is heard and valued.
- You collaborate with cross-functional team members and leaders (Product Management, Design, Support) to develop and prioritize milestones based on team and company objectives.
- You build a culture of quality within the team and work with others across the company to ensure customers are supported and SLAs are met.
- You foster an environment of iteration, feedback, and accountability to improve the product while consistently delivering value to users.
- You measure productivity and bottlenecks. You are fast to act on issues affecting the team and always encourage creative thinking about how to make our process even better.
- You are a strong communicator and easily build relationships with others. You can represent the development team internally and be trusted to communicate important information at all levels.
- You clearly communicate and provide visibility into the progress of objectives owned by your team.
- You are able to talk about technology with others. Regardless of team or role, you can break down technical jargon and acronym soup so that everyone is on the same page. You are approachable and enjoy working collaboratively.
- You can speak with customers in a way that puts their mind at ease. You’re not afraid to jump on a customer call to help close a sale, solve a problem, or communicate what’s coming next.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 7+ years in development roles of increasing responsibility
- 4+ years experience managing or leading a development team
- University degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- A creative and methodical mind
- Experience scaling a multi-tenant SaaS platform is a nice-to-have
- Experience in the following is a plus: AWS, Docker, Chef, Terraform, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and/or React
Where You'll Work
- Right now, we’re all working from home, but when it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best
- Do you want to work in an office most days, when public health restrictions lift? You’ll have that opportunity to hot-desk out of our beautiful Kensington Market office
- Do you want to work from home most of the time? Sounds great - we’re all a Zoom call away.
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely. And you’ll also make in-person connections: at company events, sales kick offs, or for full-team meetings
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You’ll have tons of autonomy and responsibility; we have a results-driven environment
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan
- You’ll participate in a health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one
- The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company
- You’ll be a part of Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 list 2019 and the Fast 500 list 2019.