Liveperson is an expert based culture, built on the drive and passion of smart people! Our business is growing and we are looking for people like you!
LivePerson is the global leader in conversational commerce solutions and we aim to make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands. Our 18,000 customers, including leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI, at scale, and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Over the next three years, our goal is to transform the 268 billion analogue phone calls between a brand and it’s consumers to digital on the LiveEngage platform. By doing this, we enable consumers to get back time and experience a more connected relationship with the brand in which sales, service, marketing, branches, stores, and contact centre’s become a unified experience.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organisation. This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Liveperson teams – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership. You will drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent. We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
In this role you will:
- Build internet scale distributed platform systems that are capable of storing data abiding by GDPR rules, figuring out offline and online computation models and creating API's for serving complex human like queries off this data.
- Operate with many technical leaders and product managers across Liveperson teams – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- Act as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Own development of their product end-to-end
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the framework to support controlling smart devices worldwide
- Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
- Provide technical direction within your team
You should be an expert in:
- Leading and motivating an engineering team in a fast moving, data driven environment
- Setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Driving OO design and implementation, with strong knowledge of web protocols, an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and a passion for mentoring junior engineers.
- Launching web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
We care about you.
LivePerson works hard to create a positive employee experience. Your life outside of the office is important to us. We support our teams with great benefits, like pension plans, paid parental leave, and a competitive 28 days of paid time-off that enables our family to take the time they need to recharge.