The Manager, Software Engineer leads a team of software engineers to solve complex eDiscovery problems utilizing modern cloud software technologies. This is a hands-on leadership role, responsible for design and architecting as well as help develop products using Microsoft and open source technologies to improve productivity, efficiency and reduce errors happening in manual e-discovery review processes and workflows.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly manage and lead senior, mid and junior developers. Ensure they’re successfully executing their specified designs to the internal standards set for engineering product.
- Responsible for designing software applications and processes from conception to completion, including the ability to effectively convey those designs to peers, management and customers.
- Establish standards and processes within the Engineering group in order to continuously improve their consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the overall product.
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints.
- Contribute to the planning and estimation of software development timelines and accountable to deliver on the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements.
- Responsible for hiring and meeting the organization's leadership standards.
- Follow and contribute to the constant improvement of agile software development processes and practices (SCRUM) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense.
- This is a people management role.
- Expect to manage 4 to 8 direct reports onsite or in remote locations.
- Possibly manage external contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- B.S. in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience/certification.
- 7+ years professional software development including expertise in:
- Application development language such as C#, .NET Core.
- Web technologies, frameworks like ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, REST API, and Angular.
- Database development, query optimization and handling large datasets in a technology like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and No SQL technologies.
- 3+ years leading engineering teams, including delegating, managing and prioritization of work.
- The ability to work cross group to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations and priorities.
- Experience in eDiscovery industry and Relativity is highly desirable.