Role Summary: We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a team of highly talented software engineers in designing, building and maintaining our next generation of construction products and services. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
District Overview: Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
Location: 12720 I Street, Omaha, NE 68137
• Resource planning and allocation – Partners with Product group leaders to ensure our work aligns with business and leadership priorities; manage project resourcing supply and demand.
• Role/Responsibility Definition – Establishes consistent expectations for direct reports. Ensure discipline resources both understand their roles / responsibilities and also how they will be measured.
• Resource development – Encourages and supports employee career growth and opportunities, including areas of training and job opportunities.
• Performance management – Articulates clear performance goals for direct reports and provides frequent performance measurement feedback. Leads and motivates direct reports to ensure consistent service and seamless execution throughout the organization. Conducts critical conversations as needed, holds team members accountable.
• Team planning / accounting – Responsible for overall management of team / service finances (actuals, forecast, budget, etc) and ensures value is received for costs incurred.
• Service management - Provides service level direction and communications, including a clear and compelling vision for the future and KPI’s/Metrics to measure success.
• Escalation management – Ensures all resource and domain-related issues / escalations are addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency.
• Process improvements / opportunities – Improves and influences changes in process and procedures within team based on fundamental knowledge of service area.
• Communications – Conduit for the dissemination of company and department related information to direct reports and how it will impact the team and/or business. Ensures appropriate and timely communication of work progress to all levels of the organization.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a management or supervisor role.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in application design and coding as a software engineer/architect.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development.
• Strong experience or understanding of current technologies and software construction methods.
• Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Requisition ID: 79102