7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock
We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
Outstanding opportunity with a growing global company and innovation leader. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for managing one workstream that is tasked with building and deploying an enterprise Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Join a team that embraces entrepreneurial core values, empowers its employees, and isn’t afraid to try something new.
- Drive the software development effort against tight deadlines and development milestones
- Collaborate across the organization to establish systems and processes to effectively design, develop, test and deliver the software
- Manage, lead, and mentor the IT team and work collaboratively with others that may perform QA and user acceptance testing
- Provide the necessary technical leadership skills to lead by example, assist the team in accomplishing all tasks, and demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire IT team
- Enable the IT team to work cross-functionally with Reference Labs Operations and product owners
You should have experience managing a software engineering team, have exceptional management skills, knowledge of software architecture in various environments and platforms, and be diligent about leveraging processes and tools.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading virtual teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related area, or equivalent experience
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience managing a software engineering team, have exceptional management skills and be diligent about leveraging processes and tools.
- Experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software in an Agile environment.
- Strong understanding of database principles, SQL and any one scriptinglanguage
- Excellent analytic and communication skills
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on various development tools and protocols
- Experience implementing agile is highly desired