This position leads the team that develops software technology solutions to support the H-D retail network. Responsibilities include leading the design and development processes including architecture design, object modeling, data modeling, system analysis and design and coding. This position will also be involved in developing coding standards, design, and development methodologies, performing design reviews, mentoring developers, resource planning and assisting with work plan development and work estimates. This position is responsible for driving performance and efficiency within the software development processes and ensuring that standards are in place to ensure the delivery of quality products. This position is a key member of the HDDS leadership team and provides input and direction for all software technology related decisions within the company.
- Determines the software and technology selection and direction for the company in both third party product selection and development platform tools
- Leads the development, on-going maintenance and execution of a software request tracking and prioritization process that is dealer and market-driven and focused on the TALONes product.
- Ensures the software development process is following a rigorous approach that is consistent, repeatable, and understood by dealers, HDDS, and HDMC stakeholders.
- Ensure a thorough and consistent research and development process is followed on all technology projects
- Ensures that new business and technology processes are considered and incorporated into the TALONes product as driven by market and dealer needs.
- Establishes key measures to track and communicate the Software Technology Department’s performance
- Works with contracting agencies to acquire and manage outside resources to supplement existing staff.
- Manages the Software Technology Department budget.
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a technical team
- Prior design and development experience in object oriented software solutions.
- Prior experience in developing with Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports or comparable reporting tools
- Demonstrated communication skills to effectively provide and receive information relative to assigned projects.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle changing priorities and tight schedules
- Demonstrated attention to detail and software quality.
- Demonstrated experience with project methodology.
- Experience working in retail, power sports, or automotive industries is a plus.