Software Development Manager
SATO Global Solutions (SGS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SATO Holdings, a global leader in Automatic Identification (Auto-ID) and Data Capture solutions. At our Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, SGS integrates emerging technologies to develop innovative solutions in the rapidly-evolving Internet of Things (IoT) market.
Our team of experienced technology professionals is harnessing the power of IoT technologies and using it to change the market. We pride ourselves in our ability to meet the needs of modern business by architecting solutions with the right technologies for each unique situation.
We have immediate openings for key positions that will lead us into the future. If the spirit of a start-up, backed by a $900M global leader, with operations in more than 90 countries inspires you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Software Development Manager
SATO Global Solutions (SGS) is looking for a Software Development Manager with experience managing a team of engineers building enterprise scale solutions. We are looking for someone who possesses a passion for developing industry leading solutions.
The role will involve collaborating with multiple stakeholders including architects, product managers and any other stakeholders who can contribute to the delivery of the products. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of features in a truly agile environment while safeguarding the quality our customers expect.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas from a technical, process and relations point of view.
- Lead several teams of software engineers in the Application Development group
- Provide team mentorship and guidance to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Collaborate with QA and Product teams to release software in a timely fashion
- Mentor and grow a team of developers focusing both on career and personal development Perform other software development and management-related duties
- Contribute to make/buy decisions and vendor selection activities.
- Collaborate with technical and operational peers across SGS to ensure that our technical direction and approach aligns vertically throughout the technology stack.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and ensure we are driving those that are important to us and aligned with others as appropriate.
- Perpetuate a data-driven culture with high standards of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related
- 5+ years managing teams of 10 or more engineers
- 5+ years managing teams that work in OO software design and development
- 5+ years managing teams in an Agile development environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- 3+ years’ experience in Java development
- 3+ years’ experience architecting large enterprise solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related
- Android, iOS development team management
- Development experience with Spring framework, Angular JS, NodeJS, MongoDB (or other NoSQL databases), Postgres (or other relational databases), Message Queues such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or MQTT
SATO Global Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation and benefit package comprised of a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays and an attractive 401(k) Plan.