Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Manager, you will provide leadership and management for a development team to innovate and deliver organization wide tools, processes, and architecture to support device teams all over the world.
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of DevOps roles, infrastructure tools, and data analytics, as well as demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, refactoring, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
In this role, you will:
· Manage a team of engineers to design, develop and enhance the lab and infrastructure tool chains.
· Champion operational excellence and automation of processes across the organization.
· Drive a cross-functional teams to provide data analysis tools and dashboards for numerous teams across Amazon.
· Translate organization and tool use cases and needs into technical requirements and product enhancements.
· Refactor and innovate on existing tools and processes to provide a unified scalable tool chain.
· Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team;
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management;
· Deal with critical customer issues and escalations
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· 7+ years of software development experience with 3+ years of people management experience
· Experience in data driven and metrics driven release processes
· Experience working with remote teams and vendors
· Understanding of mobile OS implementation and development
· Knowledge of Python, cloud architecture, and scalable systems
· Hands-on experience with Android or Linux
· Hands-on experience managing multi-team initiatives and deliverables
· Experience with Django or Flask frameworks
· Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Job ID: 662771