- Lead the development of new Global Content Services capabilities in a highly matrixed environment, and a variety of internal/external teams distributed globally
- Deliver new systems, and new capabilities in existing systems, using a variety of technologies
- Provide excellent service levels for all applications in scope
About the Role
In this opportunity as the Development manager, you will:
- Be a technical leader:
- Evaluate system needs for assigned portfolio, assigns work to individual squads, establishes priorities and timelines, and monitors progress.
- Evaluate status and resource utilization, and implement changes to improve the teams’ effectiveness
- Lead design/coding sessions, develop solutions, and implement solutions.
- Articulate design and resolves technical/design conflicts as they occur.
- Be collaborative:
- Coordinates with other managers to leverage resource availability against technology needs
- Coordinate and oversee career development, performance management, pay determination and team communications for assigned resources.
- Present and articulately communicate technical processes effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership and VPs).
- Collaborate with other Data Engineering teams to align on overall strategies and share knowledge/best practices
- Be innovative:
- Innovative solutions that meet business needs and align with overall Data Engineering technology strategies
- Budget forecast:
- Cost estimates, resource requirements and forecasted timelines
- Service excellence that meets or exceeds all SLAs and business expectations.
You're a fit for the role of Development Manager if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study, with eight years of software development experience is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- 5+ years of leading software development efforts, preferably in highly matrixed, global organization, and with mixed internal/external teams
- Strong experience developing and deploying AWS/Cloud-based applications, utilizing Micro-Service architectures and as well as traditional n-tier architectures
- Experience developing Office365 applications and integrating with Azure services highly desirable
- Experience with multiple software development tools/framework
- Experience leading Agile teams.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to think “out of the box” required
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging team environment
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, documentation, and presentation skills (to executive level staff and to Global Audiences)
What's in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone.
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
Your well-being: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier