About the Role
This is an exciting time to join the Connection Center Team. In order to continue to be the industry leader, we require best in class technology solutions and are investing in our solutions to ensure we have the leading contact center technology. We are looking for someone to help shepherd in a new, leading edge, technology solution in this area. The Software Development Manager – Contact Center will be working closely with the Call Center Operations and Sales Operations teams to help maintain and improve our existing call center technologies as well as develop a strategy around our future connection center technology solutions. This leader will collaborate with cross-functional product teams to identify and execute high-impact initiatives that help achieve revenue goals. This role leads a team of software developers and owns all phases of the development lifecycle from collecting business requirements, design, development, deployment, and support.
- Establish trusting and collaborative relationships within the cross-functional product teams to ensure the best possible business outcome for the company. Work with Product to truly understand the 'What' and then clearly articulate the 'How'.
- Lead the design and management of High Availability web sites, APIS, services and cloud platform. We have multiple web properties that need to be up 99.99% of the time 24/7.
- Report weekly on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management and non-technical leaders
- Organize and prioritize technical projects on quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Engage with engineers & stakeholders across A Place For Mom to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact). This could include platform choices, new functionality, and re-architecture of existing core systems.
- Responsible for the systems development life cycle that promotes development and innovation over procedure, not be agile but programming with agility
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for projects in your area. For example, an outbound telephony scheduler, Lead scoring platform, and Remote field workforce management solutions.
- Management of departmental budgets, resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a strong engineering team
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, building, and shipping software
- 7+ years development experience building highly scalable web apps, services, and Cloud Services while employing robust architectural patterns
- 5+ years leadership experience with software development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with contact center technologies and having managed a development team in this arena before.
- Deep understanding of the call center market and all the key vendors in this space in order to provide key input into significant strategic decisions around our future technology stack.
- Ability to evaluate pros and cons of buy versus build and be able to build and present comprehensive business cases to upper management.
- Development experience in .Net, C#, and Angular.
- Familiarity with AWS environment and services; Experience with Five9 is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still holding quality paramount
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, break down high level iterations into product value iterations and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to adjust gracefully to changing situations, keeping team aligned and focused
- Maintains high standards and expects innovation from the team
- Experience with cloud technologies, migrating platforms to the cloud, system design, architecture and open-source technologies
- Experience delivering large, cross-functional, projects
- Must have the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 environment, if needed