A Cloud Apps Development manager has a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills. With a focus on cloud-based application development, the candidate must have demonstrable experience architecting and deploying applications to cloud platforms, the ability to effectively integrate disparate services as needed, and decide when to implement IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS components. As a mentor to the developers, the development manager should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. They should have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker.. This person should also be comfortable owning a product and making decisions independently, and should have leadership experience with agile methodologies, such as the Scrum approach to agile software development. Another aspect of a Cloud Apps Manager role is that they can effectively gather customer requirements and ask clarifying questions when needed. This person must be able to translate these requirements to actionable tasks they will perform, or delegate to members of the team. The ideal candidate will have experience leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives. Eight plus years of experience with deep understanding of web technologies, API consumption/development, full lifecycle application development, database development (relational and/or NoSQL), and enterprise/cloud architecture. Need someone with a proven record of leading teams to create and support SaaS products in the cloud.
- Analyze and create project scope and milestones for several company initiatives
- Analyze and review application architecture and ensure development aligns with security and operational best practices
- Hold regular meetings with all departments to cultivate open communication and expectations throughout a project
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior
- Ensure proper communication concerning changes in established milestones or challenges that may affect the outcome of a project
- Communicate and organize with team members
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive feature delivery
- Azure DevOps
- SQL Server
- NoSQL Datastores
- Reactive Programming (FRP). Experience with Rx-like libraries.
- Basic AI knowledge so can supervise AI-based project (ML, Deep learning).
- Distributed Systems.
- Basics understanding of how compilers work.
- Docker and Kubernetes basics.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of development leadership experience with strong technical and business acumen with degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience. Experience leading software and engineering team and working with recognized cloud technologies.
- Solid knowledge of a variety of programming languages and software development process required
- Expert level knowledge of cloud technologies, specifically Azure and AWS
- Strong knowledge of engineering and modern cloud development systems, best-of-breed open source technology, native public cloud services, and Enterprise cloud delivery models and cloud management.
- Experience with Agile Development, DevOps, microservices and Cloud Transformation.
- Have proven experience providing team oversight during the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- A highly driven leader that is known to deliver results in high growth and highly dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a globally distributed organization through defined key objective indicators and specified goals that align to the company’s direction and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, active listener, ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences with good balance of IQ and EQ.
- Demonstrated ability to manage managers in the software team, with a track record of successfully hiring, assembling effective teams and test solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and maintain high team morale and efficiency