We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and own server firmware and embedded software for AWS world scale compute and storage solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative, hands-on leader seasoned in building and leading software teams developing infrastructure solutions.
As a manager in this team, you will be leading a team of highly motivated software developers that thrives on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. The team couples software and firmware skills sets with scalable software engineering disciplines to solve real world data center infrastructure problems. You would lead a team building, validating, and operating software solutions in diverse technology domains from embedded software platforms to large-scale distributed software systems in Python, C, and other languages using proprietary and open source technologies and Amazon services alike.
You will lead a team responsible for development and operation of embedded software and firmware in the AWS fleet including BIOS, BMC, storage solutions, power and battery systems, and more. You will lead new feature development efforts from concept to launch and beyond. You will establish strategic vision and drive tactical execution in defining and delivering new products and services. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for customization that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with teams across the company to enable the rapid development of next-generation devices. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will lead part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
· Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 10+ years of experience in embedded software or firmware development across full product life cycles
· 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance platform and/or infrastructure software engineering teams
· Strong object oriented development skills (Python, C or C++)
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge and operational experience with server, storage, networking, and/or large-scale distributed systems
· Experience with the design and manufacturing of server, storage, and/or infrastructure products
· Excellent written communication and verbal skills
· Hands-on experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
· An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com)
Job ID: 613768