ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs developers and development process for the Innovations team, including both enhancements and maintenance of existing products as well as the development and deployment of new solutions.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Strategy and Product Management team to scope new solutions, to make recommendations on the approach and technology and to deliver within scope and budget.
- Define requirements for software modifications required by customer or to support general enhancement of the products and/or integrations.
- Manage all release planning, including but not limited: to agile sprint management, sprint burndown metrics, completion of items and work ratio completion.
- Oversee all roadmap and custom enhancements and resolve all bug issues reported. Once roadmap confirmed by Product Management, drive all new items features to completion in assigned version.
- Work closely with Product Management and QA to ensure high-quality releases through establishing good code development guidelines and practices.
- Maintain internal R&D tools, and continually explore options to optimize internal efficiency and utilization of industry best practices and toolsets.
- Prepare and deliver technical correspondence to support both internal and external communications associated with the development of new product Innovations, including program modification specification, data interface specifications, and data conversion specifications.
- Set both group and individual goals annually as well as write and perform staff reviews twice a year at a minimum.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Innovation Development related questions, including serving as liaison with Project Managers, Quality Assurance and Support staff where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute
- 4+ years of experience with managing software development teams comprised of developers and architects
- Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of product lifecycle development for enterprise-class cloud and on-premise solutions