The Marketplace Seller Experience team is looking for a Software Development Manager to help us build scalable and extensible world-class platform and applications on top of it. Do you like creating software solutions to atypical problems by “breaking the mold” type thinking? Is having the ability to see your work positively affect millions of peoples something that gives you a sense of pride?
If you answered YES to these questions, it’s time for you to consider joining Amazon’s Seller Experience team responsible for cutting edge, global intelligent machine learning software development. Do we have your attention now? Keep reading to learn more…
Our goal is simple – the Seller Experience Team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented platform. Your work will directly impact cost, selection and the customer experience for both internal and external customers alike.
We build internet-scale distributed systems that enhance the Amazon Seller experience. Our teams get to work on truly unique problems and develop atypical solutions – talk about thinking out of the box…there is no box! We are forward thinkers doing what no one else is doing. It doesn’t exist? We will build it.
As an experienced Software Development manager, you have a passion for building quality software and solving hard problems with team of brilliant engineers. You hire and develop key talent and tirelessly pursue bringing the best out of your team.
Because you are customer-centric, you understand and appreciate being a driving factor for all software solutions developed as you realize how many people rely on and use your product. Putting a less-than-ideal solution into production is not an option. You enjoy working on scalable, extensible architecture as your team creates software used by a wide range of stakeholders.
Coming to work each day is exciting and makes your work fun as you are also developing a next generation, world-class system that provides functionality to different Amazon businesses while leveraging data and machine learning techniques to tailor the user experience.
Because you understand that the needs of customers and technical answers to their questions are dynamic, you handle ambiguity in stride as your ultimate goal is to innovate and simplify to create the optimal solution for Amazon Sellers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or technical discipline.
· 8+ years of experience as a software developer utilizing OOA/OOD, specifically Java, C++ or C#.
· The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture.
· 5+ years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership)
· MS degree and/or PhD preferred in Computer Science, Math or related technical discipline.
· Experience launching system into production to a global audience.
· Passion or obsession for customer satisfaction.
· Innate ability to drive innovation.
· Strong communications and metrics driven.
· Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
Job ID: 662360