Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) has revolutionized the way companies obtain computing resources. With Amazon EC2, companies run their systems in the cloud with complete control, reliably, at scale, and only pay for the capacity they actually use.
The EC2 Provisioning and Control Plane Capacity team makes the cloud appear infinitely elastic and instantly scalable through the rapid deployment of new capacity and the rebalancing of capacity according to customer demand. We own the build automation of all EC2 virtual servers worldwide and are the engine that delivers new capacity to meet the growing demands of our customers. We develop the software services which power build automation and maintain a high velocity, distributed system worldwide.
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, managing operational challenges at scale, project management for software developed within the team, and overseeing a high quality software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers will be a key focus.
Join us in Seattle! Amazon offers relocation packages for the right candidates!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Strong experience with backend software development
- Strong understanding of Linux, DNS, DHCP, TCPIP, process automation
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Knowledge of server virtualization, server hardware and operation systems, networking and storage subsystems
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Strong people management and mentorship skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Job ID: 635240