This leader will build disruptive, intuitive, and secure AI tools and solutions to empower Amazon scientists and engineers to make Alexa more delightful to interact with. You will have an opportunity to elevate Alexa AI development infrastructure to a world-class product and deliver impact across Alexa and Amazon.
A day in the life
1. Drives tech teams, program owners and internal customer teams to deliver critical ML initiatives
2. Actively coaches engineers on their career development
3. Engage with customers to understand their work landscape and pain points, proposing and delivering solutions to address these pain points
About the hiring group
The Alexa Secure AI Foundations (SAIF) team's vision is to make Artificial Intelligence (AI) intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate. SAIF build world class services to power Alexa's AI models in speech, acoustic events, image, and text, ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers. SAIF customers include Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Owners, and Alexa end users. We are part of the larger Amazon Alexa organization, but we support multiple Amazon business units across the company, applying ML in a collection of domains including: speech recognition, language understanding, intelligent decisions, and object detection.
As a Software Development Manager on the team, you will work closely with product management and technical partners to define strategy and requirements, lead a development team to materialize ideas into real ML products, and support subsequent operation. You regularly communicate with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring software engineers, helping your team self-organize and create best of breed software development processes and practices. Lastly, you will manage execution against project plans and delivery commitment, and build relationships with your customers and partner teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• 2+ years people management experience.
• 3+ years of hands on experience in architecting and building highly scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
• Deep hands-on technical experience with developing and maintaining large scale cloud and big data services.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical, and Business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Prior experience with developing Machine Learning tools and services.
Valid through: 11/3/2021