As the Lead Software Developer for our Platform team, you will lead a team building infrastructure, automation, and systems utilized to support online gameplay for internal and external partners, participate in new product development, host and secure web pages and services, and scale hardware provisioning to match fluctuating demand. This includes working on systems like authentication, accounts, e-commerce, social, and more!
What You'll Do:
- Be involved in every stage of application development from architectural design to production support.
- Continually improve your skills, keep abreast of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team.
- Own all aspects of a system from design to deployment.
- Build transparent, verifiable systems with a high degree of testing and automation.
- Focus on the customer and design with their experience in mind.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- Operate services at scale and build out robust operational visibility and monitoring.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience managing a small team of developers (1-5), providing mentoring and technical direction for project related tasks.
- 6+ years of software development experience. Additional experience with dev ops and cloud infra is preferred.
- Experience with Microservice design, Kubernetes or other container orchestration.
- Experience with building infrastructure automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience profiling running services to identify performance and memory bottlenecks.
- Experience writing microservices in Go, NodeJS or Java.
- Proven history of building high availability, scalable systems.
- Deep experience with at least one major public cloud, and understanding of the infrastructure for distributed applications.
- Passion for Wizards of the Coast’s products.