Software Development Lead - Mobile Applications
5 - 7 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Development Lead – Mobile Applications
What you’ll do:
- This position requires a hands-on developer who is also the development team lead for projects primarily intended as mobile applications (Android platform focus)
- Lead a small team of softwaredevelopers:
- Work with users to understand application requirements
- Document requirements
- Organize software development tasks
- Coordinate team development activities
- Monitor task completion
- Ensure software configuration control for the project
- Ensure accurate testing
- Ensure adequate documentation
- Develop software applications to meet user needs:
- Write code to meet project requirements
- Maintain software configuration control for developed code
- Test code
- Test code developed by others on the team
- Document code (e.g. users manuals, configuration instructions, etc)
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in Engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field, plus 5 or more years of related experience is required.
- Experience leading development teams (2+ yrs)
- Familiarity with Android development environment (2+ years)
- Software development experience (5+ years)
- Experience identifying user requirements (3+ years)
- Experience managing software development configuration(s) (5+ years)
- Familiarity with military operations a plus
- Familiarity with medical systems/terminology/applications a plus
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department ofEducation.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.