Aon is looking for an Eagle Pace Softare Development Lead, in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL or Virtual/Remote.
As an Eagle Pace Software Development Lead, you will help shape the future of technology for Aon's Investment Consulting Practice and fulfill our goal of delivering vital solutions to enable Aon's growth.
To fulfill this goal, our Application Team delivers and supports a diverse selection of technologies, including connecting vendor applications with in-house products, to support the Investment Consulting business, including Aon's Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) solution, where Aon is entrusted to directly manage billions of dollars in client assets.
In your role, you will partner with our internal clients, vendors, and other colleagues to drive forward the analysis, development, and execution of robust solutions.
The ideal candidate has proven experience with Product Lifecycle Management and modern development methodologies and is excited by the opportunity to work within the Investment Consulting space, developing and supporting a diverse array of systems. Your impact as a Software Development Lead On a daily basis, you'll be:
- Working with product owners as we evolve requirements, iterate through features, and gather feedback
- Researching, analyzing, planning, and performing hands on-development for project work or POC's
- Coordinating work for your projects with our developers, vendors, IT teams, and our business
- Reviewing & providing oversight with code reviews/test plans, and development prioritization
- Architect, Design, Develop and Implement software to support Aon's Investment consulting business
- Interface with IT teams to architect, secure, and manage supporting infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership, including coaching & mentoring less experienced developers
- Define data storage architecture, leveraging standards in Eagle17
- Define EDS/IWS, other system components required to support data loading, manipulation, derivations calculations, transformations etc.
- Create functional design specifications to be used in development & testing
- Estimate the complexity of user stories, and driving execution of the work
- Coordinate your deliverables across internal & external teams
- Provide ongoing application support and troubleshooting
- Assist with requirements gathering, project management, and quality assurance
- Write front and back-end code across both vended applications and custom-developed applications
- Proactively identify risk areas and opportunities for improvement
- Continually learn, set, teach & apply software best practices, tools, and technologies
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years in a leading role on project teams, with the ability to mentor and collaborate with other engineers
- Knowledge of database, system design, and technical architecture concepts
- Expert knowledge of Eagle PACE 17 - PACE, ABOR, IBOR, Performance modules, Pricing Center, Reporting, & Trade Processing
- Ability to write complex SQL to query large data sets within Eagle PACE across multiple schemas
- Understanding of Trade Processing, Portfolio Accounting, Pricing, and Collateral Management business concepts are required
- Highly Skilled in C#
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience (including, but not limited to: Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies & frameworks
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Bloomberg AIM / PORT
- Finance or Investment Consulting Industry experience
#USA_IND We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience .About Aon:
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.