Minimum Clearance Required
ISYS Technologies delivers emerging technology solutions through our diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our country and operate responsibly. We are a reputable award-winning WOSB providing Engineering and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) services to the Federal government. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers throughout the United States with a presence in more than 16 states.
ISYS Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer.
- Work under the leadership of the Software Development Environment (SDE) Lead who has overall responsibility to ensure the software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate
- Support definition and then implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO)
- Research new technology and tools to determine their applicability to the environment
- Support trade studies by providing data to determine which technologies provide the most cost effective, lowest implementation risk while providing a high-performance software development environment
- Incorporate and integrate the selected tools into the SDE
- Coordinate with Configuration Management, Security, and Information Assurance representatives
- Document the configuration and use of the SDE and act as a trainer and mentor for the software developers using the toolset. -Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset
- Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college
- 5+ years' relevant experience
- Experience in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems
- Recent hands on application development experience and expertise in the use of the Java programming language
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience managing a code baseline which supports multiple hardware and software baselines in the field utilizing a trunk-based development
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as Eclipse, ClearCase, CruiseControl, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins and Fortify
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability
- Experience evaluating different toolsets and providing recommendations for use
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms is required
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS
US Citizenship is required.
ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected Veteran status, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.